Condition Compliance Program
The Planning Division's Condition Compliance Program seeks to maintain compliance with conditions approved with land use permits operating in the unincorporated areas of Ventura County. Condition Compliance Officers enforce the rules and regulations outlined in the County Zoning Ordinances as well as the conditions approved with issued permits. It is the intent of the Condition Compliance Program to work with the residents, tenants, and the businesses of Ventura County to promote and maintain a safe and desirable living and working environment through compliance with approved conditions of approval.
Condition Compliance Officers respond to written complaints and do not proactively look for violations. However, per Sec. 8114-3.5 of the County’s Non-Coastal Zoning Ordinance, all permits issued by the County of Ventura are subject to review no less than every three years, unless the terms of the permit require more frequent site inspections. Thus, standard policy is to conduct a comprehensive condition compliance review of existing permits on a rotating basis, as staff time allows.
What are "Conditions of Approval"?
Conditions of Approval are adopted at the time a project goes through a use permit or subdivision process. These conditions may be such things as operational requirements, or requirements for landscaping plans, parking, or road improvements that must be completed before the project may be issued a building permit or given its final inspection. Operational conditions continue to apply to the use as long as it exists, unless written specifically to expire. For example, a condition that limits the business hours of a use would be considered an operational condition.
Some projects are approved with a Mitigation Monitoring & Reporting Program (MMRP) in order to meet CEQA environmental requirements. The MMRP incorporates mitigation measures specific to the project that are monitored at specified time intervals by the Planning Division.
How Do I File a Complaint?
Your complaint goes to the Planning Division, Condition Compliance Program if you answer "Yes" to these two questions:
- Is your complaint regarding a site located in unincorporated Ventura County? See attached map
- Is your complaint related to an active and permitted use on the parcel? If you answer "Yes" to the second question, click here.
Planning Division, Condition Compliance Program
Complaints may be filed in any of the following ways:
- Fax your signed Complaint Form to (805) 654-2509;
- Mail your signed Complaint Form to Condition Compliance Program, Planning Division, 800 S. Victoria Ave, L#1740 Ventura, CA 93009-1740;
- Drop off your signed Complaint Form at the Planning Division public counter weekdays between 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. for Jessica Magana; or
- E-mail your electronic Complaint Form from the link below.
Complainants should provide as much information as possible in the written complaints. The more information County staff has to work with, the more readily the matter can be addressed. Complainants may add supplemental pages to the basic complaint form, and include pictures, diagrams of the site, and/or logs of dates and times when the alleged violation(s) occurred.
All complaints are taken seriously and processed in accordance with established County procedures.
It is important that complainants provide their name, mailing address, and phone numbers so Condition Compliance staff can contact them if there are questions about their complaint. Code Compliance Officers do not call complainants with regular status reports, but they do provide complainants with “blind” copies of correspondence sent to the offending party.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your complaint, please contact the Planning Division Condition Compliance Officer, Jessica Magana at (805) 654-2457 or email@example.com.
- Condition Compliance Complaint Form
- Oprima aqui para obtener al Forma en Espanol de Quejas
- Civil Administrative Penalty Ordinance
- Civil Administrative Penalty Brochure
- Pertinent Sections of the Non-Coastal Zoning Ordinance Related to Condition Compliance
- Reimbursement Agreement
- Employment Verification for Farmworker/Animal Caretaker Dwelling