Site Plan and Permit Adjustments
The application types for Site Plan Adjustments and Permit Adjustments are listed below. This is an application for the modification of an existing discretionary permit where the change is also discretionary and may include, but is not limited to, the following:
Site Plan Adjustments (Coastal Zone only) and Permit Adjustments (Non-Coastal Zone only)
- A cumulative increase or decrease of not more than ten percent in gross floor area, permit area, the area walls, fences or similar structures used as screening, height, parking area, landscaping area, or total area of on-site identification signs.
- Internal remodeling or minor architectural changes or embellishments involving no change in basic architectural style.
- A change in use where the new use requires the same or a lesser permit than the existing use.
Any change that would not alter any of the findings, including environmental findings, and would not have an adverse impact on surrounding properties, may be deemed a permit or variance adjustment and acted upon the planning director or designee without a hearing. Such changes may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Any proposed change that exceeds the criteria of a permit adjustment described above, but is not extensive enough to be considered a substantial or fundamental change in land use relative to the permit, would not have a substantial adverse impact on surrounding properties, and would not change any findings contained in the environmental document prepared for the permit, shall be deemed a minor modification and be acted upon by the planning director through an administrative public hearing process. *Site Plan and Permit Adjustment application at the bottom of the page does not apply to this type of permit.
Any proposed modification which is considered to be a substantial change in land use relative to the original permit, and/or would alter the findings contained in the environmental document prepared for the permit, shall be deemed a major modification and be acted upon by the decision-making authority which approved the original permit. *Site Plan and Permit Adjustment application at the bottom of the page does not apply to this type of permit.
For more detailed information regarding Site Plan Adjustments and Permit Adjustments contact Craig Malin at (805) 654-2488 or via email at Craig.Malin@ventura.org to schedule an appointment.
- Site Plan & Permit Adjustment Application
- Discretionary Project Reimbursement Agreement
- Authorization of Agent Form - Owner
- Authorization of Agent Form - Permittee