How Do I File a Complaint?

To determine if your complaint goes to the Code Compliance Division or the Planning Division, answer these questions:

  1. Is your complaint regarding a site located in unincorporated Ventura County? See attached map
  2. and

  3. Is your complaint related to one or more of the following?
    • Illegal Dwellings(s)

    • Trimming/Removal of Protected Trees

    • Unpermitted Buildings or Construction

    • Fences and Walls

    • Illegal Businesses

    • Keeping Excessive Numbers of Pets or Farm Animals

    • Illegal Signs

    • Substandard Housing

    • Vegetation Removal/Grading

    Click here here for a detailed description of the above violations.