CEQA Implementation and Initial Study Assessment Guidelines
How does Ventura County implement CEQA?
CEQA requires the staff agencies of Ventura County to conduct an Environmental Review that identifies the potentially significant impacts of a project on the environment. (See the Ventura County Administrative Supplement to CEQA below for more information.) The purpose of the Environmental Review is to:
- Inform governmental decision makers and the public of the potential environmental effects of proposed activities.
- Identify the ways that environmental damage can be avoided or significantly reduced.
- Prevent environmental degradation resulting from proposed land developments by requiring change in projects through the use of alternatives or mitigation measures when the County finds that the changes are feasible.
- Disclose to the public the reasons why the County approved the project in the manner chosen if significant environmental effects remain.
- CEQA Public Information Brochure
- Ventura County Administrative Supplement to CEQA
- Initial Study Assessment Guidelines
- Construction Noise Threshold Criteria and Control Plan
- FTA Vibration Thresholds Manual