Onsite Hazardous Waste Treatment/Tiered Permit
In most cases, businesses that treat hazardous waste onsite are required to notify Environmental Health (except those in the City of Oxnard) of the treatment activity and comply with State laws and regulations pertaining to onsite hazardous waste treatment.
Treatment is any process designed to change the physical, chemical or biological characteristic or composition of the hazardous waste. Depending on the treatment process and type and amount of hazardous waste treated, the treatment activity may be allowed under one of three treatment tiers:
- Permit By Rule
- Conditionally Authorized
- Conditionally Exempt – Limited
- Conditionally Exempt – Specified Wastestream
- Conditionally Exempt – Small Quantity
- Tiered Permit Permitting and Compliance Forms
- Tiered Permit Fact Sheets and Guidance Documents
- Other Regulatory Links
Ventura County CUPA Contacts
For specific questions about your permitted facility, please contact your Area Inspector.
Other Regulatory Contacts